American Government (8th edition) by Gitelson, Dudley and Dubnick
    Purchase at: Amazon;

  • Randi Art
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from randubnick. Make your own badge here.
  • Draw Breath (Friends CiarĂ¡n and Isabel)
  • Sociable Geek (Friend Stephen)
  • Meditations71 (Friend Stefan)
  • Slugger O'Toole
  • Ideal Government Project
  • Thur's Templates

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Second effort....No go!

Well, second time was not the charm. Now delayed departure until Tuesday due to snow storm that is just starting to take hold in eastern Massachusetts.

Continental had already cancelled flights to UK out of Newark, and getting down to Newark through Logan over the next 36 hours would be nearly impossible. They were more than happy that I said Tuesday departure would be fine with me -- realizing that they are likely to have a heck of a time getting more desperate folks on board.

As for my family, I get the impression that they are at least pleased that I will be around to shovel our way out of this one. In the past I have been lucky enough to be somewhere else in the world when the really BIG snow storms came through....

This is turning out to be the longest I've been away from Belfast since taking up the Fulbright in September 2003. I am actually beginning to miss the weather as well as my good friends....

Comments on "Second effort....No go!"

 

post a comment