American Government (8th edition) by Gitelson, Dudley and Dubnick
    Purchase at: Amazon;

  • Randi Art
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from randubnick. Make your own badge here.
  • Draw Breath (Friends Ciarán and Isabel)
  • Sociable Geek (Friend Stephen)
  • Meditations71 (Friend Stefan)
  • Slugger O'Toole
  • Ideal Government Project
  • Thur's Templates

Sunday, May 29, 2005

An EST time out....

I've been a bit preoccupied with getting the word out on a conference I am organizing on Accountable Governance here in Belfast next October, but did manage to take advantage of concert by Swedish jazz trio E.S.T. (Esbjörn Svensson Trio), which describes itself as "popband that plays jazz". This group is a favorite of Ciarán's, and little wonder why -- they are terrific and their performance on Friday evening at Elmwood Hall (located literally just a few steps from the QUB Student Union) was facsinating (you get a taste of it by watching their videos).

I have been listening to their Seven Days of Falling CD on the iPod (in fact, it is on constant replay mode as I write this), and having seen how they create the sounds of some of their more interesting pieces has hooked me. Some of what they played at Elmwood was familiar, but the new pieces are exciting and I assume they are on the new CD, Viaticum, that is only available as an import in the US and which does not seem to be accessible on the iTunes site as yet. I will now go searching for it in local UK stores -- and I am kicking myself for not picking up a copy at the concert....

Comments on "An EST time out...."

 

post a comment