American Government (8th edition) by Gitelson, Dudley and Dubnick
    Purchase at: Amazon;

  • Randi Art
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from randubnick. Make your own badge here.
  • Draw Breath (Friends CiarĂ¡n and Isabel)
  • Sociable Geek (Friend Stephen)
  • Meditations71 (Friend Stefan)
  • Slugger O'Toole
  • Ideal Government Project
  • Thur's Templates

Friday, July 21, 2006

Tranformations....


I was going to make some comments about Polanyi's The Great Transformation in today's blog, but my spouse's blog post of a sketch she made more than forty years ago (of my high school graduation picture) led me to reflect on another kind of transformation.

I was trying to shake the implications of my bithday when my older sister called and reminded me that me and my siblings are all reaching tipping point ages this year: while I am turning 60 and she will be 65 in a few months, our younger sister turned 50 in April.

I think I will sit back and enjoy the rest of the day.....

Comments on "Tranformations...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

P L E A S E !
Little sister is just sur-vaying the 'hill'! OY!
49 (working on 50)June 19.....
(Did it take two of you to make this mistake?)
Check out my web portal....
I can help you with that :)

 

Blogger Mel said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Hey, li'l sister. Sorry for error -- won't point fingers, but you know us older folks have problems remembering things like that. On the other hand, if you think about it, over the next twelve months it will be the case....

M

 

post a comment